Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Not surprisingly

with the sun, and my feet up, and the timed meditation gong that I had on my phone, I got very, very relaxed. After the attempt at meditation was over (I am terrible at it, but the very attempt does relax me), I fell asleep for a little while. I woke up about an hour later, which wasn't too bad, but then struggled to actually stay awake and get up. So, I didn't make it to the library. I'll have to do that later in the week. I have a few days to pick up that book, which sounds interesting. It's called Snow-Storm in August: Washington City, Francis Scott Key, and the Forgotten Race Riot of 1835 by Jefferson Morley. I have a flip desk calendar that suggests books to read, and this was the one for yesterday.

I also have a book out from the library on my Kindle called Shooting Victoria: Madness, Mayhem, and the Rebirth of the British Monarchy by Paul Thomas Murphy. And then a regular book out as well No Job For a Lady by Carol McCleary, which is a fictional mystery with famed journalist Nellie Bly as its protagonist. So I have a lot of reading on my plate for now. Plus I'd like to check out McCleary's Alchemy of Murder (also Nellie Bly, but with Jules Verne and Oscar Wilde in it), as well as a book I started but didn't get to finish before turning back in, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe.

So, to that end, I'm going to read until it's time for bed. Good night.

No comments: