Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 27, 2014

It's rumbling outside and very dark for a summer morning

as the rain comes down gently. We really needed the rain, and I wasn't really going anywhere, so I can't complain. The window boxes made it through the night without falling off the ledges (yes, if I were in a house, I'd have them on brackets, but I'm in an apartment, so it is what it is.) I slept over nine hours and it was lovely to sleep in on a Sunday for a change. I've taken all my medication (including the potassium, which dissolved in my mouth, but I drank so quickly it went down before I tasted it). I've had just a little hazelnut spread on bread and I'm full already. I'm switching to just plain acetaminophen today. I'm charging my glucometer. I've been up doing some things, but I'm already feeling sleepy again, which probably isn't surprising given how dark things are outside, even though I've been up for only about an hour. It looks like it's starting to lighten up out there, though. Maybe it's clearing off a bit. The birds are singing, anyway. Maybe I'll try some reading....

No comments: