Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 29, 2012

It took me three days to eat through a

Whitman's sugar-free chocolate sampler; I still have some of the sugar-free Turtles as well. I thought that was pretty darn good considering my normal level of self-control. For lunch I am having half a serving of corn chips and spicy black bean dip from the Desert Pepper Trading Company that is, indeed, spicy, and it is also very good. I'm also going to eat a banana. That's a big meal for me these days. I'm looking at my Golden Wok calendar and considering ordering bean-curd Szechuan-style tonight for dinner. That would probably make three meals. Too much salt, probably, though. Wouldn't want to get too much of that.

It's gloomy and cold today and I think it's supposed to be the same tomorrow. So far I have made something like ten phone calls and received three, plus much texting. Brandon came over to put something in the bank for me and dropped off some mail. Tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it we are going to do some errands if possible, and he's going to help me with some things around the house, like getting light bulbs in, taking out the trash, and maybe making my bed. My sheets are coming off the mattress. I'm making a list of needs and wants for tomorrow. So tonight I'm going to try to get cleaned up and changed and ready for tomorrow's challenges.

Last night YKWIA cheered me up (I was bored and a little down) by giving me Big Bang Theory clips to look up and play on the tablet while he was on the phone. That helped a lot.

I've been up for awhile and now I'm getting sleepy. Is it bad just to go back to bed when it isn't even noon? It does seem like I'm heading that way. I need to look up a couple of things online first, though. I'll write later.

No comments: