Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Well, I had hoped for better

  1. I got the worst case scenario--I have an ankle fracture as well as the two metatarsals in my foot.
  2. If we can get the swelling down, I'll be having surgery on my ankle sometime next week. Good thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.
  3. I'm off work for now, unsure of when I will go back.
  4. I e-mailed the coordinator for the trip to Chicago and said that in all likelihood, I need to cancel. So, no Field Museum, no giant T. Rex skeleton as I take care of my bones.
  5. A little down tonight as a result. But I'm alive, at least. And also I have some more medicine for the pain, plus something to bring the inflammation down. This morning when they unwrapped my foot, it was this sickly swollen yellowy green, from the bruising. And, I'm back in the splint, non-weight-bearing still. And Brandon brought me pillows that are helping with sitting up and keeping the leg propped up.
  6. I have talked with a host of people today, whether friends, co-workers, business related to the accidents, etc. I am cheered by the willingness to help from all of them, and well wishes.
  7. Brandon took my by YKWIA's today, so I got to see him (albeit from the car. No trying to get me up any more steps than necessary.) It was good to see him. He is an odd best friend, and most people would not find him comforting. But I do, generally.
  8. I'm lucky to have good friends. I'm finding out I may have more than I thought. My definition of 'friend' is someone who you can count in in a pinch. And there seem to be quite more than I thought out there.
  9. Sooo, for now I'm going to count my blessings, and I'm going to try to focus on the positive.
  10. Really.

No comments: