Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm getting a little better about using a walker

but going down stairs with crutches worries me. Unfortunately, I have three stairs in front of my apartment building (thank goodness I don't live on the second floor). Two are large enough for the walker; one is not, so I have to go up and down that one with crutches, and that's a challenge. I suspect by the time this is all over I'll be fairly good at it, but for now, it's not ideal by any means.

One thing I meant to ask Brandon was whether he was free on Election Day to take me to the poll, which is at Eagle Creek Library. I might manage to get in and cast a ballot...it's a short walk, in the meeting room right inside the library entrance. At lot will depend on how I am post-surgery, though. But on second thought, I could apply for an absentee ballot, but while there is time to apply, I don't really trust the mail getting it in in time, unless I'm able to really send it in with several days lee-way. The election is 17 days away, I think. Maybe I could do it. I'll call them later and see how likely it is. Because as bad as I am right now, surgery may make it harder for awhile, and I definitely want my vote to count.

No comments: