Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The sun's coming up

I have never been a morning person, and until recent years was very much a night owl. I've discovered, however, that when left to my druthers, at least when on pain medication, I sleep for a few hours, then wake up and do some things, then go back to sleep, etc. I've done this on Saturdays sometimes, being up about four hours and sleeping about two for every four-hour block awake. Now it's more like sleeping for 2-6 hours, do something small, then going back to bed, of course, but that's because my body has undergone trauma and the medicine makes me sleepy. Yesterday I stayed up most of the day, though, then crashed for about five hours. Then I spoke to a couple of friends on the phone till late, went to bed around 2 am, and was awake about 6:45, just awake and ready to do something, anything.

Brandon is coming over and we're going to try to get me to the bank drive through for some money and then he's going to run into Kroger for a couple of things I need. Wish us luck.

No comments: