Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Long day

Normally, I would be waiting at the bus stop for the bus to take me home from work right now. On a good day, I might have just gotten home after a co-worker gave me a ride. I miss that place and the people there. They have been incredibly supportive, several sending me e-mails or calling on the phone to see if I need anything. I really am lucky, I think, to have such a workplace. Of course, I work for a charity; I suppose it's not surprising that many of them are caring and supportive people.

It's a beautiful day, breezy and the late afternoon sun is shining in on my plants, which have perked up since I watered them this morning. I had to be careful, and carried a two-litre container of water in a bag so I could still handle the walker, but I managed to give them some. The lavender especially was droopy.

I have been awake most of the day. I think you can only take sleeping (even me, who sleeps long nights) so far. Still I've been mostly in the bed, with my leg propped up.

I totally missed 'Supernatural' last night; I forgot to DVR it entirely. But the CW shows the episodes online, so that's good. I forgot it was Wednesday, you see. The days are already slipping into some sort of aethereal swirliness of confusion. I can only keep them straight now by when doctor's appointments are. That's kind of sad. I also missed the debate the other night between Obama and Romney. What is this 'binders of women' I keep hearing about?

Okay, I think I'm going to try to get something to eat and then head back to the bedroom, maybe listen to some music and try reading for awhile. I kind of wish I had a TV in the bedroom. It would be way too much trouble to try to reroute everything to there, though, even if I had people move things around. I'm not even sure I have an outlet in the bedroom. The loveseat just isn't particularly comfortable, although I guess I could put a folding chair with a pillow in front of me to watch TV instead of sitting sideways. Maybe I will Saturday night. YKWIA was telling me about an interesting British series he's been watching, and it'll only be the third episode. I don't know. I'm just kind of taking it one day at a time for now.

I don't know if I'll write any more tonight; I have to get up way early for an appointment. If not, take care, and hope you're having a good week.

No comments: