Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

It looks like I may not be able to go for the extra day in Chicago

I can pay off my credit card and have that before then, but my flexible spending account just flatlined and so I'm going to have to pay for some medicine I already have, which will eat into the cash I was going to have for the trip. The hotel is $200 for the night I'd be staying on my own coin, but for everything I'm thinking I'd need nearly $400 and I'll have more like $300. I would have enough money on the second day of the trip (I get paid then), but not on the day I'd be out doing things on my own. I don't know if I can juggle things to work out. I was going to use the credit card for the room, but if I used it on Wednesday and then paid for the room with my debit card after I got paid, it might be possible. If not, there's no sense in paying for that room if I can't do anything but sit in it. I don't really feel comfortable not knowing if I'll have enough money to pay for things in another city. I did that last year (although I was lucky enough to go to Chicago and back on $20. Really--but it was a source of much stress.) I have till Monday to decide. I'll run the numbers a couple of times to see if there's any probability I can swing it. I really do want to go to the Field Museum without bankrupting or stranding myself in the process. :)

No comments: