Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I am doing a decent imitation of being clean

On tomorrow's agenda was getting cleaned up. I had basically been in the same clothes since Tuesday night, had gone through my period, and was, well as YKWIA put it due to his sensitive nose, pungent. And that was yesterday. Plus, I hadn't had a shower since the 12th, and I can't take one till who knows when.

So even though it's past one in the morning, it really was time. Enter the baby wipes and dry shampoo he got me yesterday. Every surface that could be wiped (they're not conducive to scrubbing--I tried) was, and the stuff was sprayed and massaged through my hair. Not great, but better on that front. I brushed my teeth. Add some baby lotion and deodorant and clean clothes from the laundry Wanda did for me, and I smell better than I have in days. Consequently, I feel better.

I also took all the well-wishing cards I received from work and taped them where I could reach them on the door as a reminder that people care about me and wish me the best. That was earlier, though.

So what is on tomorrow's agenda? A quiet day at home, I think. I don't have to go back out until rent time, around the first to the fifth, sometime. That's awhile.  I am going to try to sit up some rather than just lying in bed, even if it's only to watch TV or read.

I keep thinking tomorrow's Friday and I can make some phone calls I need to, but it's not and the places are closed on weekends. I lost a day or so, I guess. So that will go on Monday's agenda.

I wish we could play the game Sunday, but I am just not mobile enough, and the books for reference are across town.  So it may be awhile.

I'm not really sleepy, although I've been awake almost all day. I may play Jewels Legend (a fun Android game, and incidently, free) on the tablet or read the news for awhile.

No comments: