Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 05, 2013

Wow

Today I was energised, alert, and had a really pleasant day. For one thing, my blood sugar was near-normal all day. In fact, before lunch, it was 101. Even two hours after lunch, it was 121. That's very good. I'm still a little high in the mornings, but I suddenly realised this morning when updating my medication list that I'm supposed to take two metformin a day, and so I'm supposed to take an evening dose as well. That should help with the morning highs. But even so, it wasn't nearly as high as usual. And although I know part of it is water weight, I've lost 12 lbs since Thursday. Really. I was really productive today, and so much clearer mentally. When I got home, the first thing I did was change into my swimsuit and go to the pool, where I did exercises (I didn't really attempt to swim, exactly, nor did I float about, as there was a young girl splashing all over the place). But I did some good exercises and got my joints moving. That's what counts.

Tonight I have a quiet evening at home. I have a few things to do around the house. One of my co-workers really wants me to watch 'Downton Abbey', as she has finished season 3 and she's afraid she'll let something slip since I'm only five episodes into season 1. :) I think tonight I will watch some of that, and also start 'The Big Bang Theory' from the beginning. I might work on the game notes a bit, too, and get them squared away.

I do have a headache (I have almost all day), but I think that's because of the rain that's due tomorrow, and maybe because my blood sugar is lower than it has been, too. I'm resisting taking ibuprofen because Thursday is our blood drive at work and I don't want to have to have them mark it for having had aspirin/NSAIDs exposure. I do think I'll listen to some music for just a bit and rest my eyes, hopefully without actually going to sleep. I'll set several alarms. :)

No comments: