Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

So I am actually up and doing laundry

I got up at 5:30 and took it over, then went back with a dishcloth someone crocheted for me that was sitting damp in the kitchen sink. They'll probably be ready to switch to the dryers in about ten or fifteen minutes. It was two full loads, which wasn't too bad considering it has been about three weeks since I did laundry. The hand-washables have had the fan on them all night, so they're drying nicely. It was a little harder for me to sleep without the fan, even with air conditioning. I'm attuned to the sound and the breeze going over me all times of the year. I'm still a little sleepy as a result. I may go back to bed for another 40 minutes or so once things have gone into the dryer--they're on a 48-minute cycle. In the meantime, I think I'll check the news.

No comments: