Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Friends and eggplant goodness

I wound up watching a friend cook tonight (and eventually did a bit to help, including scooping out eggplant guts to make little boats to stuff), then staying for dinner, where we had Eggplant Sicilian Style (eggplants stuffed with eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, and onion, I think, topped with cheese) and a nice tomato and onion salad. While I was merely watching, I was texting with another friend, whose son started preschool today. And my other friend and I visited for awhile before the cooking began, and then he rejoined us for dinner. So it was a night full of friends. I found that watching someone cook is very relaxing. I didn't mind helping, of course. I just scooped out the little boats, cut up a few tomatoes, as well as an onion. Otherwise we just visited. So it was a nice night full of good company as well as eggplant and tomato goodness.

I'm listening to Of Monsters and Men's album, My Head is an Animal. I really like them. I especially love 'Dirty Paws' and 'Your Bones'.





It's kind of late, so no reading tonight. I'm going to set several alarms for early in the morning, as I have some straightening up to do before the exterminators get here tomorrow for their bimonthly visit. So I'll say goodnight for now. Hope you're having a good week. The weekend is just around the corner, at least. :) My week has been a little less busy than the last few weeks, but I had a lot of interlibrary loans to do today from several different researchers. But it's nice that they're using the library. I'm also trying to refine a search using skills I learned in the class I didn't finish. :) Oh, well, it was a good experience, anyway. So, goodnight, already. Take care.

No comments: