Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 29, 2013

It has been a long, tiring week, and Friday cannot come soon enough

I started a new aspect of my job today that replaced a minor thing I did and expanded my work in terms of time. So, for four hours or so a day I do library stuff--interlibrary loans, cataloguing, literature reviews, shelving, administration, etc., etc. For the other four hours I deal with insurance companies and doctors' offices regarding referrals, put in data entry sheets, reconcile items put in by the system, and once a month do an audit. So whereas I used to be somewhat bored and didn't have enough to do, now I am quite busy. That's not bad, of course, but it makes it somewhat challenging to get everything that needs to be done, especially because so much of it is time-sensitive, as it relates to revenue and billing. I think I've gone beyond the simple data entry I was doing at first by quite a bit.

But I do enjoy it. Well, except for dealing with phone message systems for the insurance companies in the (sometimes) vain attempt to reach a real person. Anyway, I hope you'll understand if, after being on a computer all day, I don't always blog very long when I come home. Normally I don't mind, but today I think I'll keep it short. I'm going to go take my contacts out and change into my sleep shirt. Maybe I'll watch something while folding the laundry.

No comments: