Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 03, 2013

115

That was my blood sugar reading right before lunch. Really. Looks like the new medicine is working pretty well. And I've been under 200 all day. I've also lost five pounds since Thursday. I know it's the general post-period water loss, but still....the only bad thing so far is that I pretty much have to go pee every time I finish drinking anything. So I'm trying to drink a good bit of liquid, especially water, throughout the day so I don't go into dehydration or for that matter, lactic acidosis, which is a rare side effect of the metformin the endocrinologist put me one.

Today I did four loads of laundry (including bedding) [finally!] over at my friends' house. I also went to the store with one of them on the grocery run and watched those last two episodes of season 2 of 'H2O: Just Add Water', which included a showdown between the mad mermaid and the others with my other friend. Then we worked on one of my characters for the game. I came home and dropped everything near the front door and just went on to bed, I was so tired. But I'm up now. Today was also my mom's birthday, so I sent her an e-card (wasn't with it enough to get a real one this year, for which I feel a bit guilty). Anyway, I did wish her a great birthday before the day was out, at least. Good thing I woke up when I did; there wasn't much time.

Okay, I've eaten a little (yes, I know it's late, but I haven't actually had dinner). I have some things to do before tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: