Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yay!

The laundry is finished except for the folding and putting away, which I will do when everything's dry. In the meantime the clothes I washed today are ranged out on the couch so they don't wrinkle. I didn't actually go back to bed; I sewed some buttons that were loose back on to a summer sweater I have. I think I'll wear it today; it's going to be very hot, but this is light cotton and short sleeved, and I'll just put it over a matching tank top. It's dressy enough for interviews, etc., black, with little silver rose buttons. That's why I reinforced the buttons--there was no extra that came with it and if I lost one, I'd have to replace the whole set. One came loose the first time I wore it and I wound up putting a staple in to hold it until I could get home. The only trouble with sewing (or in this case, mending) is that with my carpal tunnel back, it's very painful and I can only do it for short periods. Also, I have to take my glasses off to thread the needle, even with bifocals. Ah, the joys of getting older.

Okay, I should go shower and get ready for work; I have to be there in less than an hour. Have a great day!

No comments: