Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Had a nice dinner with friends

I kept the cook company and did some prep work for tomorrow, and then I helped clean up afterwards, loading the dishwasher (I am so glad they got that) and washed a few dishes that can't go in the dishwasher. Technically that had been second dinner; I had some baked fish with almonds, macaroni and cheese, and a small serving of mixed vegetables after I'd clocked out but whilst still at work. At my friends I had some broccoli soup with a tomato base and Gruyere cheese, a small serving of carrots with raisins and onions, and a salad of tomatoes, herbs, feta cheese, and onions. So together I've had quite a bit to eat tonight, but I think I'll be okay for tomorrow. Mostly it was either protein or vegetables.

I didn't manage to get to work early today, although I did get there on time. But it was a productive day and I'll try to go in tomorrow to make up some of my time from Tuesday. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday, though. And YKWIA is talking about making kugel on Saturday, which is great. I can almost do that from memory, I've helped enough. Kugel is a wonderful thing.

I did give blood today, my 35th donation (that may sound impressive, but it's over about 29 years, so it averages out to be about once or twice a year). It went very slooooowwwly for some reason. The alarm kept going off and they had to reposition the apparatus the needle was attached to several times. But they managed to get a minimal pint out of me, although it didn't look as robust as the ones I've done in the past. But otherwise it did alright, no complaints. The phlebotomist was good, everyone was professional, I didn't have any light-headedness or anything. The site does itch a bit, but I think that's normal; they used latex-free stuff on me, I know. I'm very vigilant about that ever since a dentist washed my mouth out with soap as I was having a mild reaction with some swelling when she accidently regloved with latex.

Well, if I'm to get up early, I should turn in soon. I'm listening to some music right now (more of the Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men). I've taken my insulin (I forgot the Lantus last night and my blood sugar was a bit high (but not like it had been) as a result today). Have a good night.

No comments: