Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Whew! Got to catch my breath!

So I did go to bed early last night, but I was up this morning at 5 am and went to Kroger pretty much as soon as I dressed, beat my hair down into submission, and brushed my teeth. My objective: to get things to further organise the house. Success! I now have two of those small folding bookshelves that fit together into one tall one for the kitchen, so I can move things from the kitchen island (such as cookbooks and various storage containers) and actually use the thing. I got a new trash can (my old one was sad). I got some closet hangers after about three associates helped me, mainly for drying purposes with the hand-washables. I got a second drying rack (this one can hold many clothes on hangers). I found a hanging shoe organiser that will fit in the closet (for someone who used to own about three pairs of shoes--athletic, dress, and sandals, I now have quite a few. Not a huge amount, but enough that this will help.) I threw some air freshener, soda, and coconut fruit bars into the mix and then got out of there while I still had some money. But the most expensive item, the shelves, were only $42, less than they were when I got so many in the spring. And my fuel points just went up.

So now it's 6 and I'm going to take just a bit of a break before actually putting all this in action. Here's the plan for this morning:
  1. Rearrange the kitchen with the new shelves
  2. Do dishes
  3. Clean cabinets and stove
  4. Clean out refrigerator
  5. Set up new trash can
  6. Sweep and mop kitchen
  7. Straighten up computer area
  8. Straighten up dining table
  9. Go through mail
  10. Water plants inside and out
  11. Repot the ailing umbrella plant
  12. Take out trash and recyclables
  13. Do a once-over in bathroom
  14. Return books to the library [Tuesday, actually]
  15. Get quarters for laundry
Later in the day:
  1. Take a friend to the grocery
  2. Invite friends over
  3. Do laundry [Tuesday and Wednesday]
  4. Do the game notes
So, busy, busy, busy, which is why I got up so very early. Wish me luck!

No comments: