Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 12, 2013

Quite a storm has come up

I stopped by YKWIA's after work for just a bit to help him with something and then went over to Office Depot looking for a USB headset with microphone to use tomorrow for a meeting of the Kentucky Medical Library Association via GoToMeeting. I just couldn't justify a drive to Louisville and back for a three-hour meeting when I've got data entry to do, especially since, due to some issues today, I'm behind on putting the data in, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow morning.

I got some things over at Office Depot and came out of the store just as the sprinkling began, with the clouds very dark, lightning striking in the distance, and a flash flood/thunderstorm warning issued on my phone. From Woodhill to about Speedway on Richmond Road the skies had opened up in a deluge, but I drove ahead of the storm, got in the house without getting very wet, and now it's very dark outside and I suspect the more rain is coming. My across-the-hall neighbour has fixed some form of Indian food that smells wonderful. I'm eating a bit of pimiento cheese with crackers and a banana. It is sad by comparison. But I should be going over to Masala in Beaumont for some tasty Indian food soon with friends.

There are some things I need to do around the house tonight, but they'll have to wait until the storm clears. My keyboard is acting a bit weird, typing slowly at times like the buffer or connexion is messed up whenever I backspace, so I think I'll sign off of here for just a bit. It's a little odd, as it is a wired ergonomic keyboard. It may be somehow related to the storm. I'll write later.

No comments: