Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Some improvement, anyway

Today I was free after work. I came home, took out the trash (although not the recyclables, but still, every bit helps). I watched three episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory'. I spent some time on the computer. About seven I did drop off to sleep, and I woke up at 10:45. Then a friend called and we spoke briefly. So I didn't go straight to sleep on getting home, had a little fun, but it would be good to work things up to having a whole evening by myself without falling asleep.

This week seems to be going by somewhat slowly compared the last few. I was really pleased this afternoon when I took my blood sugar for lunch and it was not only merely 84, but also I didn't feel low symptoms or anything. I think my body is starting to adjust to lower, more normal, glucose levels--yay!

I think I'm going to try to read a bit before going back to bed. I have the last of the Sookie Stackhouse books on a shelf by my bed, and I noticed Amazon has a preorder of a 'what happened to everyone after the series ended' book coming out soon. Ingenious marketing, by the way. JK Rowling just did hers in an epilogue of the last book. Charlaine Harris did an alphabetical listing of characters from her series with what happened to whom that fills over 200 pages. If I don't want to get into any spoilers, I should read last novel soon, so I'm going to try to start tonight.

No comments: