Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 09, 2012

Waiting

Normally at this time on a Monday I have completed my commute by bus and am just about ready to get some breakfast before clocking into work. But today I have a call in to the dentist to try to work me in once they open; I've talked to one boss and left a message for the other. The crown is in a little baggie inside my backpack. I'm ready except for putting my shoes on. So now I'm sitting here, sipping some soda (which may be my last for a few hours at least) waiting for the dentist's office to call. This is becoming the Tooth Saga of 2012, and this is just the temporary crown.

Today should be busy without being crazy. I need to catch up on a few things from all the time I've missed due the dentist the last couple of days.

I suppose I could go check the news while I'm waiting....

No comments: