Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Laundry is the bane of my existence

YKWIA was talking with me on the phone the other day and he mentioned that I talk about doing laundry all the time, but put it off. It simply is one of my least-favourite chores. I often work my way up to doing it. Fortunately I have a lot of clothes.

It's not the laundry itself that does it. When I had a washer/dryer in my own apartment, I didn't mind doing it at all. Even in apartment complexes with laundry rooms in the same building it was okay, if not exactly fun. It's the schlepping things across the complex that I don't like, even though my granny cart does make it easier. And then there's all the stairs to haul it down and up, in which the granny cart is actually a detriment.

Of course, tonight isn't particularly good because it's raining on and off and it's late now, as I fell asleep during the storms that came through. I'm going to try to get up early and do it. But I will eventually get the chore done. I'll try not to keep saying I will until I actually do it, though.

No comments: