Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I had a headache earlier

so I laid down for a bit. Brandon was teasing me that 'a bit' for me is 3, 4,or even 5 hours, texting me before I went to sleep. This time it was 6. I got up because tonight is my libation night, and so I straightened up the kitchen a bit and then took my libation of wine and honey (with some lavender flowers sprinkled in) out to Hekate and poured it on the ground.

I had a couple of things I wanted to get done tonight, mainly applying for a couple of jobs that are open with the Lexington Public Library. One closes Thursday, the other Monday. It would be really great to work in a library full time, and of course the public library has a great deal more traffic than mine and presents different challenges. With the hospital slated to move, and my position not going, I really need to be proactive in trying to find another job. [Oh, and if you're looking for children's librarian positions, there are a couple available as well. I don't think I'm suited for children's librarian positions. I think it takes someone with an excellent rapport with children, which I don't have. Granted, I haven't spent much time with them. Maybe I would do alright if I got into it. But as much as I love children's books, and children in theory, I think I'll leave those positions to the experts and focus on the more general positions. :)]

No comments: