Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Is it Friday yet?

It seems much later in the week, as Monday and today have been very busy. I'm juggling referrals, the data entry sheets, several literature searches and interlibrary loan requests (we've actually been either even or a net lender of late, but this month we're definitely going to be a net borrower). I have a colour-coded to-do list for the data entry position, the library, and my own personal agenda. Even though I've been marking off items, they seem to be getting longer and longer. In other words, it's going to be a long week.  I appreciate that I am now filling all of my hours without having to take PTO to cover hours I didn't have enough work for.  But I'm not sure I have enough hours in the day. The referrals and data entry get two hours each, the library four, subject to shifts as necessary to complete the work.

Yesterday I had the good fortune to have a crane fly near me. They're quite remarkable; it doesn't look like they should be able to lift off the ground.  After work, I retrieved my tablet from my friends' house and visited for awhile.  Ah, my precious, it's good to have back, although to be honest I was too busy to miss it except on the bus rides.  That's when I check the news in the morning, as well as the weather. And I read, of course, too.

Today I got a ride home, so I've already eaten a dinner of a tomato-basil pizza veggie burger with Havarti cheese, a baked potato, and a bit of fruit. I may have a salad later; I'd like to go ahead and make some up to take to work with me.  It tastes so much better than the cafeteria salads, although the lady who works on the salad bar does an excellent job there.

I've got the windows open and it's in the 60s with a light breeze, so that's nice. I think I'll relax for awhile and try to get some of the things on list finished.

PS I'm so tired from the weekend and this week that I fell asleep in my chair in front of the computer. I think a nap is in order, and I'll just have to hope I'm not going to sleep the night away.



No comments: