Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Taking a break while the floor dries

I put Big Country's The Seer on and worked very steadily on the kitchen for two hours, doing stuff like the dishes, but also taking apart the stove and getting underneath the burners, washing the drip pans, rearranging cabinets, that sort of thing. So yes, the kitchen was a wreck, but I did some other stuff I wouldn't normally do. I really need to go through the bottom cabinet (sad to say, my kitchen is rather small, so I only have one), too, but not today. I still need to clean out the fridge and wash the glassware. So not too much to do left to do in the kitchen.

I have the windows open and it's very nice. A couple of people just walked by. One of them was walking her cat on a leash. :)

I've eaten a little, think I might read for just a bit while the floor dries completely. Unlike my friends' tile, it's rather hard to tell when the patterned linoleum is completely dry. It's the type that's shiny on its own.

No comments: