Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Phase One of Operation Day Off completed

    Well, I got:
  1. To sleep in one hour
  2. All my books that were due at the library dropped off
  3. A money order for my rent from bank (still there as they opened)
  4. My new driver's licence (with a fairly decent picture)
  5. Food from Subway (and I combined two cards, so I have enough points to get a foot-long next time)
  6. A book from the Central Library on Atlantis
  7. To talk with a friend on the phone for a few minutes
  8. A cryptic voicemail that cut in and out that may have been from another friend at work; I don't know his number there
  9. A bus out to Fayette Mall
  10. To see The Hunger Games for free (I had a pass left over from our employee appreciation gift)
  11. A slice of spinach-tomato pizza from Sbarro's at the mall
  12. A bus back
  13. Several chapters read of Catching Fire both on the bus and at the mall; I'm about 3/4 of the way through
  14. A book at the Eagle Creek library branch, a mystery set in ancient Aegypt called Nefertiti by Nick Drake
  15. My rent paid just as the office was about to close (one woman had jacket in hand) and a receipt

Phase Two includes laundry and housework, but I think I'll take about an hour and rest first. My eyes are burning now that I've taken my contacts out (allergies, most likely) and my feet are hurting (time to take my meds). I've got the windows open and the sun is streaming in nicely, and it's just now about the time I get home from work. Hope your day was excellent as well. :)

No comments: