Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 27, 2012

I feel rather blah tonight

I came home with quite a bit of energy--despite a long week--having not taken the bus home but rather getting a ride, and straightened up the living room while talking to a friend on the phone for some time. But my ankle is a little swollen and hurts where I turned it yesterday, and I'm aching a bit all over, which I expect is from the oncoming rain and low pressure with a drop of temperatures expected this weekend. Any time a cool front comes in I feel achy about 24-48 hours out. If I'm up and moving I'm usually okay. But sitting here, well, not so much.

So even though it's barely 10 pm I'm closing up shop for the night. I recorded both 'Grimm' and 'Supernatural' (the latter guest-starring Felicia Day) and wanted to watch one tonight, but that is not to be. And I'm putting off the game notes, I know, which means I'll be doing them tomorrow, probably after I get back from a friend's house. I'm taking him some creamer and a glue stick and then spending some time over there. But I'm just not up to it tonight.

So, good night. I'm going to take my medicine and head to bed. My abdomen's itching and I'm a little splotchy--I hope that doesn't mean I'm developing a sensitivity to one of the insulins; I did that with Apidra when I first went on it, and that's why I'm on Novolog instead. It could just be dry skin. My hands were terribly dry and I put some of that orange ginger lotion on them, which has a very comforting smell and is very soothing. I'd put another kind on earlier and I guess that didn't do it. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow--it usually passes once the front gets here. The goal is to get up and do yoga in the morning, which will help as well.

No comments: