Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Well, I've accomplished a lot this morning

I washed the dishes, including some jars I was getting the labels off to reuse, took out all the trash and recyclables, did four loads of laundry (five if you include a sink full of hand-washables that are now hanging to dry). And I think my jeans that had gotten muddy during a dog fight are almost to the point where I could wear them to work on jeans day. I'll check later when they're completely dry--I haven't been putting them in the dryer so the stains wouldn't set. Not bad for a morning.

While I was putting the clothes into the washers, a sudden downpour lasting something like two minutes happened. I'm glad I got to head back to the apartment without getting wet, but it was a little odd. Then, as I was wheeling my hamper of clean clothes back in the granny cart (I love my granny cart--I use it for the recyclables, too), I startled a medium-sized brown snake as I was going down the steps to my building. They like to hang out around the buildings sometimes because it's warmer, I think. My friend A would probably never come to visit me if he knew there were snakes nearby. He doesn't even like to go into his shed or backyard because they might be there. But I don't see a lot, so he'd probably be safe, or at least in the winter. :)

The sun keeps trying to peek out. I still have all the computer/document work to do plus the bathroom. I think I'm going to take a bit of a break and then start with the bathroom. Then I may take a shower (I really look horrendous--I'm not one of those people who can wash their hair every couple of days or even the night before without it looking disheveled and greasy), once the bathroom's clean and of course, I have nice clean towels that smell of lavender and sandalwood. Then I can happily work on the other projects. Though I may look for that book, first.

PS Eureka! It is found! It was on a bookshelf of random books in the bedroom, tucked between two James Herriot books. Go figure. One day I will have everything catalogued into LibraryThing, and in absolute order. One day.

No comments: