George W. Bush: My Darn Good Resumé
* I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
* I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas drug conviction has been erased and is not available).
* I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.
* I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
* I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* I set the all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.
Gee, do we notice a trend? ;)
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).
* I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
* I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
* I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
* I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of Congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
* I withdrew from the International Criminal Court.
* I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
* I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
* I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
* The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
* I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
* I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
* I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe(71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
* I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
* I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
Taken in such simplistic terms, President Bush basically comes off as a crook, a bully, and a paranoid who's afraid to let anyone access his record. And yet there are people out there who would chant, 'Four More Years'...either because they are rich, and therefore protected by the shenigans of the administration, because they are conservative Christians who ignore his actual actions and believe him when he say's he's religious, or just, well, plain stupid people who don't want to think at all. As near as I can think, Hitler would have a field day with such supporters. The thing is, I know there are intelligent people out there mulling whether or not they should support another 4 years of the Bush administration. I only hope they come to a decision we can all live with in four more years.