Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 06, 2004

Want to take a class for free?

MIT OpenCourseWare has over 500 classes available online form MIT. No money, no certificate or credit, but perfect for those of you who are self-directed. Ones I'm interested in (just to start):

Myth, Ritual, and Symbolism
Medical Anthropology
The Brain and Cognitive Sciences, I
The Brain and Cognitive Sciences, II
Cognitive and Behavioural Genetics
Paleoceanography
Out of Ground Zero: Catastrophe and Memory
After Columbus
Chinese I
Japanese I
Logic I
Technologies of Humanism

Plus, there's plenty of history, linguisitics, Spanish, German, calculus, philosophy, etc., etc., to go back and review. I always thought MIT was just technology and engineering. They even teach theatrical lighting.

Nice thing is, there are no tests, and therefore, no test anxiety. I'm at a point, having a good all-around undergraduate and graduate education, that I'm not so concerned with credits; I just want to learn. So, it's perfect. And by the way, the dates on the courses are when they were added...you can still use the materials after that time.

No comments: