Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 10, 2004

Today's Blogsticker: Reality



Doing pretty well today. I have clean laundry (yay, and thanks to Dwana. I slept a little better last night, especially with clean sheets (better for my allergies), although I'm thinking my bedroom is going to have to stay dog-free and cat-free until I can use my CPAP again. Spock got unceremoniously ejected this morning after repeatedly trying to sleep on my face.

Tomorrow is September 11th. Wow, that it's been three years. Our paper made it sound like hardly any commemoration is being done here, but I think people will choose to remember in their own ways. I know I will. On the other hand, it's about time the politicians and media stopped hyping everything up with images of that day, and let people mourn in peace.

Someone at work said that things must be going really well for me, because I seem so happy. I laughed, explained that no, they were really not, but that I'd reached a point where no amount of feeling sorry or depressed was going to really help the situation, and that there are a lot more people dealing with a lot of worse things. I'm sure somewhere somone will happen across the last week or so of writing and go, 'stupid American cries because she doesn't have electricity when my people live like that all the time.' I try to keep that in mind. There are a lot of people in darker places than I am. At least I have good friends, decent health, and a healthy outlook on life--that's worth way more than money. And, really, I think it's important for people to go through tough times, because it makes it easier to sympathise with those less fortunate. It also helps us grow as individuals. So I guess, despite everything, I'm okay.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog over the weekend; hopefully I will. The library in Lexington is closed today for an upgrade to their system, but they should be open this weekend. But if I don't get back on here, hope your weekend goes well. I'm going to 'post-ahead' the next couple of blogstickers, just for fun.

No comments: