Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

From J, with permission

listening to: 'Richard Corey' and 'A Most Peculiar Man' by Simon & Garfunkel (believe it or not, these keep me from getting too depressed, despite the fact that both involve suicides)
feeling: Pretty decent, all told

Well, Dr W hasn't seen me in awhile, so he can't send anything. I could see if Dr N could, but at this point if it's already off, a letter won't get it back on. Instead, I think I'm going to go home, check if my medical reimbursement is in, get cat litter if it is, and then get the house ready (i.e., break down boxes) for a dark night.

But, on a happier note, I'm not the only one who finds adventure in everyday life...I give you this e-mail from J:

Help me out with this one...I was doing some laundry last night and I looked over at my basket and saw this weird bug crawling around. I had never seen a bug quite like this one, he looked like a giant ant with wings. I called for David and asked him if he knew what it was. He bent over and studied it and said it looked like a queen ant. The bug then took flight and we both gasped as it flew in a circle around us and then landed right between my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I was scared. I didn't want to die, I'm only 28. The bug just sat there and it tickled. I had Rudolph eyes, they were crossed and falling back into my head making clinking noises. I then saw Dave's hand coming towards my head. I thought, thank God! He is going to lovingly pluck this bug off of my face and take it outside. But that was not the case. David flicked killed the bug. Right between my eyes. Flicked it. His fingers are huge and he has this hidden strength that most people wouldn't know about. He flicked killed the bug and I stumbled backwards, not knowing what just happened except that he flicked the bug and it hurt really bad. I was speechless with my mouth open wide, stunned that my husband flicked me in the forehead that freakin hard. He then wet his finger with saliva and wiped the bug guts off of my face. There was still a leg embedded between my eyes that I later had to remove with tweezers. I had a huge red splotch between my eyes for the rest of the night. Later, we had a huge laugh, he said he saw that I wasn't going to do anything to get the bug off of my face, so he took matters into his own hands. Is this true love or just the actions of another clueless man?

I'm trying to convince J she should blog. :)

No comments: