Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

What personality are you?

Hmmm...found this link via Write Lightning. She suggested using it to flesh out characters:

RHETI from www.9types.com

2--Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.
4--Type 2: The Helper. The caring, nurturing type.
1--Type 3: The Motivator. The adaptable, success-oriented type.
7--Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.
6--Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type.
4--Type 6: The Skeptic. The committed, security-oriented type.
4--Type 7: The Generalist. The enthusiastic, productive type.
1--Type 8: The Leader. The powerful, aggressive type.
7--Type 9: The Peacemaker. The easygoing, accommodating type.

And then there's always the Meyers-Briggs, which I've taken officially a couple of times, as opposed to something online, so I know I'm an INFP (BTW, I wonder if Wil Wheaton knows they have his character listed as an INFP? Might be interesting to see how he and the character compare/contrast)....There's a pretty decent online version at Human Metrics. On that one, I came out Introverted 78% Intuitive 22% Feeling 67% Perceiving 44%. The interesting thing about this one (which is based on Jungian psychology) is that as you get older you tend to go toward the opposite type...so in the case of the above, I'd head more towards Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judgemental, on a sort of spectrum, and that has been the case. I think the first time I took it, when I was about 17 in a class at college, I came up in the 90s for Introvert. I used to be higher on the others too. The idea is that as you get experience you learn to encompass aspects of the other.

NF's are usually given an archetype of Healer or Idealist. I've seen estimates that anything from 1% to 2% of the population is INFP, but I suspect a lot of online are. (Or should that be a lot of us are online). A much shorter test, that still seems to work well, can be found at Bloginality, where yes, I still come out an INFP.

No comments: