Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I'm in shock

As the result of an e-mail I wrote on a library list, I was contacted by someone associated with a major medical journal about representing small libraries on their library advisory board. At the time, I didn't think I was being particularly articulate, but they did. It would involve serving for two years, meeting twice a year (including at MLA's national conference) with travel to the meetings paid. I've never been able to participate in a national meeting because I haven't been able to get the travel money approved. I'll write more if it pans out...he's submitting my name next week.

Wow. Keep your fingers crossed. I'd love to do this. I could actually be an advocate for small hospital libraries. :)

No comments: