Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 25, 2003

And so on, and so on...

listening to: 'Ironic' by Alanis Morrissette; 'Someday' by Nickelback
feeling: Sleepy

Funny thing about blogs. If you look at one, you look at their links, and next thing, you know, there's a whole circle of stuff you've gone to. Since I am trying to catalogue Kentucky blogs (I don't know why, it came to me one night that people tend to think of Kentucky as a place of hicks and little else, and I thought it might help people to see some of the variety), that means I updated my template. So now I'm sleepy. But I enjoyed a lot of what I read. A lot of the blogs are pretty new or sparse. It takes awhile to get psychotically regular about updating, like me. Since most of the blogs I was reading belonged to college students, they're usually chasing things in about 15 different directions. I did really enjoy Tiffany Cole's description of her discovery at 13 that salty breakfast meat and dental wax are a dangerous combination. I never did the braces thing as a teenager (my mother didn't really trust dentists, and I'd had an experience as a kid that was so bad that only replacing all my fillings in my early 20s by one of UK's dental students--lots of visits, lots of time--was able to get me to the point where I could fall asleep in the chair. I guess I accidentally did challenge therapy like they use for phobias. The school had a programme where for a one-time $45 you could have anything short of orthodontia or oral surgery done. So, since my fillings needed replacing, we did that. Since I have sensitive teeth, it took a lot of packing with numbing temporaries. So it took three years, but we finally did it. But, I have to admit, I'm finally just getting over my fear of being put to sleep, so I still have impacted wisdom teeth that need to come out, and I'm still not looking forward to that. Sometimes I think about getting braces. They've come a long way since I was a kid. But I still don't know if I could do that. But at least if I do get braces, I don't eat meat. :)

No comments: