Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Up late working on a computer, this time for someone else

Note to any of you making the switch from Insight to Time Warner Cable e-mail:
  1. Do not choose a password over 12 characters even though it gives you that option, because it won't let you change it later and you'll wind up on the phone with tech support for a long while.
  2. The POP and SMTP server names are both mail.twc.com--the techs don't know this, because the twc.com thing is so new.
  3. If using Outlook, you have to put your entire e-mail address in as a username in order to receive incoming mail.
It took me five hours and three techs from phone support (including one very helpful one who was a level 3, whatever that means) to figure all this out. Let me save you time. My brain has turned to mush, I've had to have two backrubs, and I am now treating myself to Taco Bell and will soon curl up in a ball and shut out the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you for this info. This migration has been driving me nuts!