Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Do you subscribe to this blog through RSS?

Did you know that July 1st, Google is discontinuing Google Reader? You should know, of course, as it hasn't been a secret, but just in case you didn't, you might want to start looking for some alternatives. I've chosen Feedly as mine, as it has both a web and mobile application version, is free, and allows you to migrate your feeds very simply. You might find one that better suits your needs, but it does really well for me. There are some alternatives listed at: Goodbye, Google Reader. Here are 5 alternatives. I hope you keep reading this blog, and if for some reason RSS is dead to you, there's always the web version or mobile version of this page to look at as well. If you go to this page on your phone, it should automatically bring up the mobile version, although you can choose the web version by the link on the bottom of the mobile page. Or, you can scan the QR code to the left on the sidebar to bring up the mobile version and bookmark it. Enjoy, and as always, I'd love to have feedback on how to make this better. I'm nearly at 9,000 posts and in October I'll be starting my thirteenth year of blogging. Thank you to those of you who read this.

No comments: