Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ready for a quiet night at home

I did go over to my friends' house for a couple of hours, just to spend time and eat a little dinner. But I am very tired after the great e-mail migration, so I think I'll do a little relaxing (and maybe work in a load or two of laundry). :)

I suppose it was because I ate so late last night, even though I took my insulin, that my blood sugar was through the roof (over 400!) this morning. By lunch it was about my norm, a little over 200 (still too high). By mid-afternoon it had dropped to 140, which was very good for me these days, but I felt absolutely awful. I think when you tend to run high, your body seems to respond to relatively normal blood sugars as if you're low. I don't have any proof of that, but it's how I feel when it happens. I had a little peanut butter and crackers, got up and walked around a bit, and felt much better.

Okay, I've come home, watered the plants, and fed the fish (I usually do that last in the morning, but scooted out of here very quickly as I got out of bed at 8 am and had to be at work by 8:30--and I wasn't late, yay.) But I'm still a bit tired from everything last night, so I'm going to take a nap. I'll try to write later, maybe check the news and see if there's anything of note.

No comments: