Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 21, 2011

On a brighter note...


I have apparently become known at the plant lady at work. I have one person in clinic who keeps telling me she'll bring me some sadly waning African violets because mine do so well. The other day I got a call from the inpatient unit. They had a peace lily and spider plant left over from some potting they did. Fortunately I had a pot the peace lily could fit in and the spider plant went in with my Christmas cactus. Here's the peace lily. It's even blooming.

If the one lady does bring the African violets I should just have enough room for them. But if I get any more I'm going to have to figure out how to do a hanging garden. :)

Sadly, I fail at indoor gardening in two respects. One, I never remember to water my plants at home, and the humidity is drier, so the life gets sucked out of them. I almost killed the Christmas cactus, and it was so happy to get a change of environment and water it actually bloomed for me. I also grow gorgeous orchids--in terms of the greenery. They never bloom. I just haven't quite got the touch for those. Of course, I haven't fed them yet either, but a co-worker brought me some powdered orchid food so I'm going to try that.

Okay, I return you to your regularly scheduled programme....

No comments: