Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 10, 2011

I stopped at the library on the way home from work

And got these gems:

Small Favor by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files, book 10)
A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris (the complete Sookie Stackhouse short stories)
The Trinity Cat and Other Mysteries by Ellis Peters

With all the sleeping I did last week, I didn't get any more books read, although I did read several stories from Household Tales by the Brothers Grimm. I must confess I've played several games of Monopoly instead of reading. That's what I did at the doctor's office while I was waiting.

I know I said I would try not to write about my foot for awhile. This is only tangential to that. The worst thing about the boot is even though I pad it with my pants, the padding that surrounds the foot, and a hand towel, it rubs on both sides of my leg. It's very red. This is the first day. That's not good for someone who's diabetic. On the other hand the podiatrist only tends to have the taller boots now, and my calves don't fit. I'm going to check with the office to see if they know of any solution, because after 32 days I'm not going to have any skin left. I don't know if it's the design, my body, or I'm doing something wrong. I'll have to find out. As it is for the moment, those areas are hurting about as much as my foot is.

Wednesday I have my regular doctor's appointment. I'm going to talk with him about two things: the need for a bone density scan since I seem to be breaking them so easily and I'm only 43 (and theoretically should have stronger bones because of the weight I bear, although I suspect that isn't the case). Also, there's the Abilify issue and higher blood sugars.

I eat a goodly amount of milk products. Today I had 3 of those half-pints of 2% milk, 2 things of yoghurt, and some cottage cheese. I don't think I'm particularly calcium deficient. I do have some supplements, but they're horse pills, although they can be broken in half (they're still hard to swallow that way, chalky). I understand from talking with a couple of women that they make petite forms of calcium pills, now. I'll ask Dr Nesbitt what he thinks.

It was a good day. It was a little slower in my capacity of librarian than last week, but I had a lot to do with the data entry, including catching up on some filing and statistics. I don't feel particularly sleepy, either, so I'm going to try to go catch up on some things now. I'll probably write some more, but just in case, have a good night.

PS We're supposed to get 2-4" of snow tonight. Joy. It already feels like February around here. It's also been colder than average. Maybe I'm getting old and grouchy. I used to love snow. I still think it's pretty, but I don't get off school and get to play in it much these days. :)

No comments: