Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting ready to go to the doctor

I printed out a sheet for him with my glucose values on it. The morning blood sugar has been steadily going down. There is a strange peak of afternoon blood sugar that I didn't understand at first and then realised that blood sugar changes with menstruation, so I indicated those days in red. But considering on January 3rd my fasting blood sugar was over 300 and today's is 155, I think that's pretty dramatic. Plus, last night's was 157. Yay!

Which is good because I'm seeing my possible future as one of my relatives had surgery yesterday to try to save her leg, but may lose a couple of toes. I'm worried about her. And I shouldn't forget my great-grandmother lost her sight and died of a diabetes-related stroke.

Okay, I'm going to go now. It's very foggy and tonight we're supposed to have rain changing to snow, and have up to four inches of snow tomorrow. Joy. No jeans today, but tomorrow's a big possibility. :)

No comments: