Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Okay, maybe this healthy eating is a good thing

I've lost 7 lbs since the beginning of the year, 6 of it since going on insulin (which is even better considering when you go on insulin, your cells use the glucose more efficiently and you tend to gain weight).

Go me! Now to keep it up. I'm not following any diet, just watching my portion sizes and trying to make healthy choices. Today I did have a bit of chocolate cake, but it was about two cubic inches in total size (tiny) and went into the food diary. I'm still eating too much fat and not enough protein, really. But I'm working on it.

Last night I ate a snack at bedtime since I was increasing the insulin, and my blood sugar was a little higher this morning (192), so I'm going to forgo it tonight. I guess I'll just have to see how my blood sugar rises or falls and go with what works.

It's amazing how much better I feel on the insulin. I'm not as sleepy all the time. I'm not foggy. So far, it's well worth the sticking myself with a needle thing, and they're tiny needles and portable pens.

Have a good night.

No comments: