Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 31, 2011

Tax time

Some people look forward to tax time, because they get big refunds (especially if they have kids) that they use to reduce debt, buy cars, etc. I dread it. I've had to pay for the last few years, mainly because of the job at the gas station, which never took out enough money. But last year I adjusted my exemptions and I've run most of the way through the process and it looks like I will still owe this year, BUT much less than in years past. It looks to be about $123 for the federal (down from $500-700) and $189 for the state (down from about $300-$400).

When I ran it with just the W-2 from the hospital, I would have had something like $800 in refunds. So I'm hoping next year I will actually get a refund because it will (hopefully) be my only job for the year. So that would be very welcome.

So in a way, it's good news. I can probably pay my taxes this year on time and maybe get money back next year. That'll be novel. :)

No comments: