Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's amazing what a couple of hours makes

I went in to work a couple of hours later than normal because I had to be at an appointment and so I stayed till 4:30 or a little after, actually. The traffic was bumper to bumper, much different from my 2:30 sprint down Richmond Road is normally.

I'm home for just a little while between jobs, eating some Morningstar Farms' buffalo wings (did you know they were a division of Kellogg's?) They're pretty good.

Tonight is the truck at the gas station, and I'm only working two hours. My schedule changed so I'm working tomorrow, a little longer than originally scheduled for Saturday (9 hours instead of 6) and then I'm working Tuesday. But, since I'm very nearly broke (but my rent's paid, and on time--I was afraid our cheques wouldn't get here by Wednesday, but they did), I can't complain, and I'm just concerned about gas and food--and I have somewhat of a food stash put away, plus our chairman emeritus brought in some apples from his home, and I got a bag of them. Next week is the big cheque that bills come out of. This is the first time in awhile I've been so low, because there were some non-mothly expenditures last month. This month should be better. I did go ahead and cancel the newspaper--I didn't really have time to read it. I get those through the 15th. I'm also working on cancelling the gym, but with that you have to sign something in person and then it cancels 30 days from then, rather than immediately, so I'll have to pay for October (those wiley people at Gold's Gym). I haven't gone in a very long time, so there's no use paying--I don't have the time for that either. I do have an exercise bike and for that matter probably access to a treadmill, which is the main stuff I did at the gym anyway. Besides, I lifted 500+ journals today (not at the same time, although I did push the cart full of them). Between that sort of thing and medical texts, I get a little bit of a workout. :)

Tomorrow is jeans day at work. Must remember. Must remember. Also I have to remember to get up early because they're turning our building's water off at 9 am (my normal wake time) to switch out a water heater.

That's how my day's going. Hope yours is well.

No comments: