Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm glad that I don't live upstairs

Cerys is having trouble negotiating over a doorway in the back of the building that is raised a bit. She tends to get her foot caught on it. I hate to think how she would fare with stairs.

I have been gifted with enough frozen Margaret bread (Amish Friendship Bread to most people) to keep me well supplied through many weeks. I couldn't wait for one to thaw and warmed a piece in the microwave. Yummy.

It's a nice night for stargazing. There's no moon shining overhead. I'm still enough in the city limits that it makes it harder, but I could see more than normal tonight. It's turned cooler during the day and almost a tad chilly (although I'm sure it's in the 60s) at night. Autumn will be here soon.

Today was, of course, September 11th. I didn't really do anything special to commemorate the anniversary of the attacks, but they stayed in my thoughts.

The night of the 12th marks Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year and the beginning of the High Holy Days, and then the 13th or so the beginning of Ramadan. I wish during this holy time for both religions there can be peace, for a little while at least.

No comments: