Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I would personally like to thank the inventor of ibuprofen

aka Advil. My foot's bothering me whenever I stand or walk for any distance (and I'm not talking a mile or two, I mean to the cafeteria or mailroom and back...it's not that big a hospital). The ibuprofen's cutting it so that it doesn't hurt when I'm off it, at least, and it hurts less when I am on it. Friday's the day of podiatry, so I hope we can get to the bottom of it. I'm tired of hobbling around. Even driving is a pain at the moment, if I have to keep my foot on the brake very long. I think they're going to tell me I'm fat and the weight is messing up my foot, which makes sense. The question is, how to stay off of it when I work a job that can mean standing for 10 hours a day. Thank goodness the library is mostly sitting, but I'm cleaning out and under my desk in preparation for the move and generally moving things around, so I have to be on it for that.

But fortunately this week I'm just working tomorrow at the gas station and then I'm off the rest of the week. Maybe that will give my foot some time to heal.

Otherwise life is going well. The weather is cooling and is beautiful (although it's going to get in the 40s tonight, yikes!) I have an appointment with my counselor tomorrow. I'm making progress on the move--I have the lateral file cleared out and the books to add and withdraw have been gone through. I'm boxing up some of my stuff to take home (I had a little bit of everything in that desk.) I have to move some more books to my storage closet. Today I was also able to find a requested item on the Internet in about a minute and send it to the patron and print it, so it was really fast service. I love it when it's that easy, but of course I love the challenge of the harder-to-find things, too.

I got paid enough today from the store for gas and food so I had tofu goodness (otherwise known as Ko Po Tofu) from China Cafe. Tomorrow I get my deposit from the hospital so I can pay bills and maybe go see a movie this weekend. We're thinking of seeing Hairspray, so long as it doesn't interfere with the UK vs. Louisville game, which one of our group is going to. Sports, I just dont' get it. Give me musicals any day.

Well, it is late (although I did get a nap earlier, at least.) Have a good night.

No comments: