Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 17, 2007

Maybe a little hope for a cure

Chronic fatigue syndrome linked to common stomach virus

I've never been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, but I have fibromyalgia, which some people think may be different presentations of the same disease. I'm glad researchers are taking it seriously. Early in the era of diagnosis (and sometimes even today), some doctors thought it was all in the patient's head (an entire episode (2-parts, if I remember) of 'Golden Girls' was written around Dorothy's CFS, where she went to dozens of doctors who kept saying she needed a psychiatrist, and a psychiatrist who said there was nothing wrong with her mind.) Anyway, I thought I'd include this bit of medical news here.

No comments: