Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Today's fortune

I opened up a fortune cookie, and it said this on the paper: 'The whole world is a narrow bridge; the important thing is not to be afraid.'

Something I need to keep in mind, as I'm naturally afraid to take risks or leave something comfortable. I'm afraid to do a lot of things, and I can't trust easily either, because of fear. So that's definitely something to work out with Craig, my counselor.

Today was long, working from 11-8 and doing a lot of lifting, etc. Plus notes. I'm glad to be home, and I'm heading off to bed after this post to cuddle with my dog.

I was wily today. I only have about $4 now in the bank and putting in $5 of gas each day for the last three days has barely put my gauge above empty and I've been afraid to drive very far not knowing how much I really had (I'm good for 26-32 miles once it comes on--but I fueled up with the gauge already on and not knowing how many miles were added by the new gas.) What I do have is a Speedy Rewards card and enough points to get a $10 cash card that can then be used for fuel. Yipee. Between that and some coupons I'd have plus a real dollar I got $12.50 worth of gas.

Okay, I'm falling asleep at the computer. Good night.

No comments: