Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Movie weekend

Last week's DVD from Netflix was the excellent Saving Mr Banks, so we got Mary Poppins for this weekend. My friend saw it when he was just three and it entranced him. He asked me how old I was when I first saw it, and it must have been in my early 20s. In fact, he introduced me to it and to many Disney movies (the only ones I saw as a child were the ones they showed on television on 'The Wonderful World of Disney', as I didn't go to the cinema except for one birthday party at the movies, and that wasn't Disney, that was a The Bad News Bears and The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training double-feature.) Oh, and back when I was in junior high as part of a special programme I was in, we went to see 1776, and I think that was actually in a museum amphitheatre. It's one of many things I owe him for, introducing me to Disney movie classics. I believe that if I had kids I'd sing the lullaby Mary Poppins uses on the children. I have the complete set of books by PL Travers on the Kindle, and it's high time I read them.

We also saw The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box this weekend, and we plan on going to see X-Men: Days of Future Past on Monday. Tomorrow will hopefully be the game, since as of now we're all up for it. So it's a weekend of fun and adventures. :)

No comments: