Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hydrating

The excavation of the bedroom is taking longer than I expected, but I have all the clothes folded or hung up, except those I need to launder, which is about two loads. I've changed the shoe organiser around and that's working well. The main thing I need to figure out is what on earth to do with my purses. I don't really have many shoes for a woman--my main walking shoes, snow boots, a couple of pairs of sandals, a pair of pumps, that sort of thing. But I have several purses ranging in several colours, because, well, I like them and I like to coordinate. They might work on the floor of my closet under the clothes; but that's not really organised. Anyone have any ideas? They're generally fairly large bags. There are a couple that are probably best to give to Goodwill, along with a few of my old shoes I never wear. But the rest are in good condition and I want to keep them.

The good thing about the bedroom work is that there are piles of folded clothes all on the bed, so I can't take a 'nap'. :) I think I'm going to work on the dining area now and then clean the bathroom before returning to the bedroom. One, bedroom doors can always be closed (but YKWIA would probably go in anyway to see how I did), but also that will keep me from taking breaks by putting my feet up. And if my foot bothers me too much, there's the loveseat, which I can't actually sleep on easily. At the same time, it's really been the bedroom that I've been putting off so much lately, and I have to put away the clothes before I go to bed.

In the meantime, I'm drinking water and eating lentil soup, listening to the radio, which is playing 'Somebody That I Used to Know' by Gotye, featuring Kimbra. I do like that song. :) I think I'm going to go check the news and see what's going on in the world.

No comments: