Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hot

The herb bread is almost finished baking (and smells divine), and even thought the temperature outside is merely 56 or 59 degrees depending on which application on my phone I should believe, it's getting warm in the apartment, especially since I have been going strong for a bit. I think when I move to the bedroom, I'll open the window there. I finished the dining area and solved the problem with the purses. I have two hampers, which I sometimes use for laundry but more often use for recyclables. I took the large one and put it in the closet with the purses tucked inside. The smaller one is now stationed in front of the kitchen trash, so that I have one spot for trash and recyclables. Three purses that I rarely use are going to go away, probably to Goodwill. I'm burning some sandalwood incense and listening to Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal, specifically 'Lionheart'. I vacuumed as well, so all that's left is the bath, mopping the kitchen and bath, and finishing up in the bedroom, which is mostly put back together other than putting the clothes away and some things to get rid of. I'm going to wait to do all that until I have a little bread, which will be finished in just a few minutes. It's herb bread with caraway, dill, and celery seed, Italian herbs, parsley, cilantro, basil, dill weed, and a little bit of crushed red pepper and dried onion. There's also just a bit of onion and chives cream cheese. In retrospect, I should have added some garlic powder. But we'll see how it goes. It's a modification of the existing recipe, and sometimes that can be a nightmare. The cream cheese was used, along with margarine, because I realised at the last minute that I no longer had any butter. It wasn't an ideal substitution, but it might just work. We'll see.

No comments: